Heritage Family Credit Union | Rutland, VT
This is an accounting position that requires sound knowledge of Excel, general ledger transactions, fixed assets, balancing and reconciliations. Processes and analyze a variety of general ledger activity and performs various support functions as required as a part of the accounting function of the credit union. Work is performed under minimal supervision and in accordance with established procedures. Works in conjunction with others on the Accounting Team to ensure timelines are achieved.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze, balance, and reconcile general ledger activity and subsidiary ledger accounts daily, weekly, and monthly, as required; with an emphasis on analysis.
- Prepares moderately complex spreadsheets, charts and graphs as a part of problem solving and/or reporting requests; Advanced Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, gathering external data, macros, and other formulas are needed.
- Responsible for designing and building reports within our accounting software (and other integrated software) both independently and with our IT department. Thereby creating additional efficiencies when reconciling data. In addition, they will summarize and forecast the credit union’s business activity and financial position in areas of assets, liabilities, income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations.
- Maintain the fixed assets and associated depreciation schedule on the Asset Keeper PRO software.
- Able to back up various tasks and responsibilities of other Accounting staff.
Prepares and balances all assigned activity on a daily, monthly, quarterly basis. Records are kept accurate and well documented for internal/external audit purposes. High level of integrity and professionalism. Be able to work independently, but also collaborate as a part of a team.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION or EXPERIENCE:
BA in Accounting or Finance, preferred. Related work experience may be substituted for education.
Ability to read and comprehend complex and detailed instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to compose professional correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized and/or non-routine situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to operate software specific to the credit union’s accounting system and member account information. Basic input, output, error correction, general ledger account structure knowledge essential to be able to perform a job.
Advanced spreadsheet (Excel) formula knowledge is a must.