Family Clinician - INCLUSION
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
Consider this position if you have a Master's Degree, are licensed/license-eligible (see Licensing section below), and have a valid driver's license and a clean driving history.
Candidates appropriate for our setting have treatment skills that match the needs of clients presenting with a wide array of mental health diagnosis. The ideal candidate will possess strong family assessment, diagnostic, family treatment and crisis intervention skills. The ability to work collaboratively with mental health and educational teams is essential. The Family Clinician candidate also needs to be proficient in advocating for appropriate levels complementary treatments. The desire to provide training to direct care staff on a variety of mental health and treatment related topics is a plus.
* Support the healthy functioning of families with children with severe emotional disabilities through the provision of family therapy, parent education, case coordination, resource access and home-school coordination services
* Support the successful placement of children in public schools
* Provide expertise and consultation regarding mental health diagnosis and treatment within the team
* Master's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Community Mental Health or related field
* Licensed or on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists
* Valid driver's license, use of a personal vehicle and a clean driving record
* Ability to work evening hours on occasion
* Strong family assessment, diagnostic, family treatment and crisis intervention skills
* Ability to work collaboratively with mental health and educational teams
Licensing Requirement Notice
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license then you must be on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation.
* This is a full time, benefit-eligible position
* This is a salaried position, starting at $41,623.63
* This is a union position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 20 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.