FAMILY PRESERVATION WORKER
Northeast Kingdom Community Action | Newport, VT
FAMILY PRESERVATION WORKER – NEKCA is looking to hire a full-time Family Preservation Worker. This is a youth driven family guided service coordination position in addition to providing direct services to at-risk youth ages 12-21 serving as a case manager/service coordinator. This position is based out of the Newport office. Responsible for building and supporting strong relationships with youth and their families while maintaining appropriate limits and boundaries. High level of communication and collaboration with team members and community partners required. The Family Preservation Worker will support youth and their families accessing available resources while working on developing plans of care to assist in family emergencies, family mediation or in preparation for transitioning into adulthood. Family Preservation Worker is responsible for creating and submitting written quarterly reports, database maintenance, monthly Medicaid billing, maintain organized files, create appropriate events for youth, create and sustain a Youth Advisory Board, and participate in a rotating 24 hour on-call schedule. This position is considered a mandated reporter
Minimum Requirements Include:
• Must be able to satisfy the travel requirements of the position.
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Sociology or related field preferred
• Experience working with at-risk populations
• Excellent verbal and written skills, with some basic computer skills required.
• Strong knowledge of family systems
• Familiarity with community resources
• Familiar with Positive Youth Development
To apply send a cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com; fax to 802-334-5249 or mail to NEKCA Human Resources, PO Box 346, Newport, VT 05855. E.O.E.