Environmental Services Tech II
Porter Medical Center | Middlebury, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TECH II: Part-time (50 hours per pay period), eligible for select benefits. Schedule is Sunday & Monday 2P-10:30P, Thursday & Friday 9A-2P.
The ES Tech II is responsible for maintaining a clean, orderly and safe environment throughout the facility. The ES Tech II follows Town, State and OSHA Federal Register Rules and Regulations, Porter Medical Center Infection Control policies & procedures and Environmental Service Department policies and procedures in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness. The ES Tech II is expected to work collaboratively with co-workers and other department personnel as required.
Salary Range: Min/Hour: $11.00 Mid/Hour: $13.75 Max/Hour: $16.50
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- The ES Tech II is responsible and accountable for his/her own judgments and actions.
- The ES Tech II is assigned a specific work order schedule and charged with the responsibility of maintaining high standards of cleanliness.
- The ES Tech II follows a daily work schedule, written procedures and time standards for all tasks performed. Hands in work sheet on a daily basis documenting work completion.
- The ES Tech II removes and sorts soiled laundry from various departments throughout facility. Follows Standard Precaution's procedures while sorting soiled laundry. Records department soiled laundry weights daily for laundry statistics.
- The ES Tech II removes contaminated laundry from various departments and follows standard precaution's procedures and safety techniques while handling, to avoid being contaminated by infectious materials.
- The ES Tech II removes trash from designated pick-up points throughout the facility to ensure a clean and uncluttered environment. Standard Precautions must be followed while handling trash by wearing gloves and any other necessary PPE.
- The ES Tech II is responsible for removal and packaging of contaminated waste throughout facility and follows proper procedure (standard precautions) and safety techniques to avoid being contaminated by infectious materials. Gloves, gown mask and goggles must be worn when packaging.
- The ES Tech II performs a wide variety of periodic cleaning tasks throughout the facility such as; SPB, BNT, VLP, SCR, FRN.
- The ES Tech II operates floor machinery, high speed buffers, carpet extractors and vacuum cleaners and maintains high quality of cleanliness on all types of floor covering.
- The ES Tech II responds to all disasters, disaster drills, fire alarms, fire drills and any emergency codes when announced and assists as requested. Documents event in Janitors' logs. May assist plant operations as needed.
- Understands the hazards of various substances used in daily cleaning tasks. Follow specific cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing procedures as recommended by manufacturer.
- The ES Tech II performs door checks according to an appointed schedule to ensure a safe and secure environment on weekends and when plant operation is not on duty. Assists other departments in an emergency as requested.
- Maintains cleanliness of equipment and stores in the closet. Clean and stocks closet with supplies/rags before leaving shift. Takes mops and rags to laundry at end of shift.
- Maintains entrance and exit ways in the winter, keeping free of snow and ice. Assists Plant Operations as needed during emergency situation.
- Reports any unsafe condition of equipment or needed repairs. Reports any mechanical failures of boilers, fire system, etc. to switchboard. Documents in janitors' log, event occurrence form, and daily work sheets.
- Removes recyclable products from various departments and transfers to outside recycling area and compacts.
- The ES Tech II sets up for meetings and delivers equipment needed for special events. May assist in moving items in and out of storage.
- The ES Tech II does minor requests of unplugging toilets, changing light bulbs when Plant Operations personnel are not on duty.
- May assist in hanging and taking down drapes and cubicle curtains throughout the facility.
- May be needed to work in other departments and must be flexible in working other shifts as needed or directed due to staff shortage.
- Performs other duties as directed by the ES Director, ES Supervisor and ES Tech II Team Leader.
- Interacts with employees, co-workers, patients and visitors in a professional manner that reflects positively on Porter Medical Center.
- Communicates with nurse manager and nursing staff as needed regarding specific department issues and needs.
- Review and agree to abide by the Porter Medical Center Compliance Program.
- Maintaining professional growth and development through outside educational programs and seminars, and attends in-house in-services as required.
- Attends mandatory in-house in-services, out services and workshops or other meetings to further education.
- Must complete yearly Health Stream mandatory education.
- The ES Tech II demonstrates good habits of personal hygiene, both in physical appearance and in the manner by which housekeeping tasks are carried out. Maintain professional appearance by following department uniform policies and procedures. All employees must wear name tag at all times when on duty.
- The ES Tech II maintains a positive attitude towards work and co-worker and other department employees. Personal conduct must be of the highest standard and reflect favorably upon Porter Medical Center.
- Maintains the integrity of the facility by respecting the rights and confidentially of patients, families, visitors, and other employees of the facility, by complying with Porter Hospital, Inc. HIPAA Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain professionally ethical behavior at all times
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, orderly and safe environment throughout the facility.
- Complies with Porter Medical Center Safety Policies and Procedures and ES Department Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Reports equipment needing repair to supervisors immediately to prevent injury or safety issue.
High school graduate or GED preferred. Ability to read written procedures and to apply to daily work. Ability to submit records of accomplished work. Ability to maintain confidentially and good public relations. Ability to operate floor machinery in order to maintain floor appearance.
DETAILED PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Physical Activities of the position
- Climbing: Body agility is emphasized
- Stooping /knelling/crouching
- Standing or walking: For sustained periods of time
- Working primarily with hands, may be repetitive
- Talking: Convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other employees accurately
- Hearing: Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Repetitive motions: Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers
- HEAVY WORK: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Acuity Requirements:
- SUPPORT SERVICES: Standard based on the criteria of accuracy and neatness of work.
Conditions Employee May Be Exposed To:
- HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, gases or poor ventilation. Exposed to extremely hot working conditions.
- HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS: Include a variety of physical conditions, such as lifting/pushing/pulling.