Environmental Services Tech I
Porter Medical Center | Middlebury, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES TECH I: Full-time (80 hours per pay period), days Tuesday through Saturday, eligible for full benefits. Dependability, strong communication skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment required. Prior housekeeping experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
The Environmental Services Tech I is responsible for maintaining a clean, orderly and safe environment throughout the facility. The ES Tech I follows OSHA Federal Register Rules & Regulations, Porter Hospital Infection Control & Environmental Services policies and procedures in order to maintain high standards of cleanliness. The ES Tech I is expected to work collaboratively with co-workers and other department personnel as required.
Salary Range: Min/Hour: $11.00 Mid/Hour: $13.75 Max/Hour: $16.50
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- The ES Tech I is responsible and accountable for his/her own judgments and actions.
- The ES Tech I is assigned to a specific work area and charged with the responsibility of maintaining the highest quality level of cleanliness.
- The ES Tech I follows a daily work order schedule, written procedures and time standards for all cleaning tasks performed. Hands in work sheet on a daily basis documenting work completion, dates and times.
- The ES Tech I cleans all patient care areas following Standard Precaution procedures. Remove regular and contaminated trash from all patient care areas. Department safety techniques are followed to avoid being contaminated by infectious waste.
- Responsible for all discharge cleanings and prepares room for new occupant. Perform terminal cleaning procedures as needed, following isolation procedures for specific isolation cleaning.
- Maintains cleanliness of housekeeping closet, cart and equipment used in performance of duty on a daily basis. Keeps closet and cart stocked with supplies, mops, rags and cleaning chemicals. Takes mops and rags to laundry at the end of the shift for laundering.
- Replenishes all supplies as needed in patient care areas, public bathrooms and other areas throughout the facility. Promotes cost containment through appropriate use of materials.
- Understands the hazards of various substances used to perform daily cleaning tasks. Follow specific cleaning/disinfecting/sanitizing procedures as recommended by manufacturer. Keeps all containers labeled properly.
- Reports any unsafe condition of equipment or needed repairs to Director of ES or ES Supervisor.
- Helps maintain the appearance of the resilient tile floors by using the spray buffing and buffing procedures and may assists in scrubbing and refinishing resilient tiles floors.
- May assist in taking down and putting up cubicle curtains/draperies.
- May assist in operation of laundry and supplying clean linen to user department as needed.
- May be instructed to work in other work areas (departments) of the facility and must be flexible in working other shifts as needed or directed.
- May assist in setting up for meetings in the conference rooms of the Collins Bldg.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Director of ES and ES Supervisor.
- Interacts with employees, co-workers, patients and visitors in a professional manner that reflects positively on Porter Medical Center.
- Communicates with nurse manager and nursing staff as needed regarding specific department issues and needs.
- Review and agree to abide by the Porter Medical Center Compliance Program.
- Maintaining professional growth and development through outside educational programs and seminars, and attends in-house in-services as required.
- Attends mandatory in-house in-services, out services and workshops or other meetings to further education.
- Must complete yearly Health Stream mandatory education.
- The ES Tech I demonstrates good habits of personal hygiene, both in physical appearance and in the manner by which housekeeping tasks are carried out. Maintain professional appearance by following department uniform policies and procedures. All employees must wear name tag at all times when on duty.
- The ES Tech I maintains a positive attitude towards work and co-worker and other department employees. Personal conduct must be of the highest standard and reflect favorably upon Porter Hospital.
- Maintains the integrity of the facility by respecting the rights and confidentially of patients, families, visitors, and other employees of the facility, by complying with Porter Medical Center HIPAA Policies and Procedures.
- Maintain professionally ethical behavior at all times
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, orderly and safe environment throughout the facility.
- Complies with Porter Hospital Safety Policies and Procedures and ES Department Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Reports equipment needing repair to supervisors immediately to prevent injury or safety issue.
High school graduate or GED preferred. Ability to read written procedures and to apply to daily work. Ability to submit records of accomplished work. Ability to maintain confidentially and good public relations.