Education Programs Coordinator I - Universal Pre-K
State of Vermont | Barre, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this posting
Are you passionate about educational equity and access, and making instructional settings work for the needs of all students? Do you have experience facilitating transformational change in education systems? Can you lead change initiatives while working as a part of a team?
The Agency of Education (AOE) is hiring an early education program coordinator to support implementation of Act 166, a law that ensures Universal Pre-Kindergarten Education (UPK) to preschool age children. We are looking for a candidate that has a combination of early childhood education experience as a leader, administrator or educator, as well as direct experience and expertise in high quality PreK education and comprehensive assessment. This position is part of the early learning team in the Student Support Services Division and will provide daily oversite, implementation of procedures and execution of AOE's UPK monitoring and comprehensive early childhood assessment system. The Agency of Education is currently based in Barre, VT, although we anticipate moving to Montpelier in early fall 2019.
Major job responsibilities include:
- Implementation of procedures and execution of PreK Monitoring System and Early Childhood Comprehensive Assessment System
- Complete quarterly reviews
- Verify potential violations through multiple data sources
- Provide outreach technical assistance to public schools and private PreK programs
- Provide training and technical assistance on Teaching Strategies GOLD and CLASS assessment measures
- Data collection and analysis
Who May Apply
This position, Education Programs Coordinator I - Universal Pre-K (Job Requisition #1142), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Kate.Rogers@vermont.gov
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
Work is generally performed in a standard office setting but significant travel may be anticipated for which private means of transportation must be available. Some work outside of normal work schedule may be required. There may be considerable interaction with a variety of publics and strong differences of opinion may be encountered.
Master's degree in education, public administration or related field AND two (2) years or more as an Education Consultant II OR at a professional level involving program development, supervision or leadership experience in a public or private agency.
- Masters Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field
- Knowledge of Act 166 and Vermont's UPK Rules
- Knowledge and experience with Teaching Strategies GOLD (TSGOLD) Assessment Progress Monitoring Tool
- Knowledge of Classroom Assessment Scoring System (CLASS)
- Knowledge of high quality research and evidence based practices
- Knowledge and experience with the Vermont Early Learning Standards
- Knowledge and application of adult learning and training principles
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Nearest Major Market: Barre
Nearest Secondary Market: Montpelier