Education Programs Coordinator I - Inclusive Systems Specialist
State of Vermont | Barre, VT
Do you enjoy leveraging data to improve program outcomes? Can you flex and adapt within a dynamic work environment? Do you have a passion for supporting students with disabilities to succeed in their general education classrooms?
The Vermont Agency of Education is looking for a specialist to join our Special Education Programs team. This person would work with our Special Education team and provide expertise in the areas of inclusive systemic structures to support students with disabilities in the general education environment. This is an inherently collaborative position that supports the special education program team within the Student Support Services Division and works closely with the Multi-Tiered System of Supports Team. We are seeking candidates with considerable skills and experience in supporting students who qualify for special education to succeed in the general education environment. A strong candidate will demonstrate experience providing evidence-based support to leadership teams in implementing systems to support the inclusion of the whole child into the general education environment. The Inclusive Systems Specialist will work out of the Agency of Education. The Agency is currently based in Barre, VT, although we anticipate moving to Montpelier in late 2019. We offer a great work-life balance, a competitive benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement and a defined pension plan, and we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness program!
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Serving as a content expert and as a resource to educational and other programs and groups concerned with improving their Multi-Tiered System of Supports and Special Education systems.
- Provide statewide leadership in evidence-based programming for systems change that supports all students.
- Represent the Agency in statewide and national councils in related content areas, as well as in discussions regarding Act 173.
- Familiarity with state special education rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who May Apply
This position, Education Programs Coordinator I - Inclusive Systems Specialist (Job Requisition #1582), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Chris Kane at email@example.com .
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
Work is generally performed in a standard office setting but significant travel may be anticipated for which private means of transportation must be available. Some work outside of normal work schedule may be required. There may be considerable interaction with a variety of publics and strong differences of opinion may be encountered.
Bachelor's degree in education, public administration or related field AND four (4) years or more as an Education Consultant II OR at a professional level involving program development, supervision or leadership experience in a public or private education institution, or related organization.
Master's degree in education, public administration or related field AND two (2) years or more as an Education Consultant II OR at a professional level involving program development, supervision or leadership experience in a public or private education institution, or related organization.
Note: Some positions may have certification requirements or other special requirements.
Professional experience in special education.
Professional expertise in the area of developing inclusive systems that support all students.
Experience collaborating within and across professional institutions.
Strong written and communication skills.
As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
- 80% State paid medical premium
- Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
- Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
- Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
- Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
- Low cost group life insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive-based Wellness Program
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Nearest Major Market: Barre
Nearest Secondary Market: Montpelier