Education Programs Coord I - TS GOLD Trainer
State of Vermont | Barre, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingGeneral Information
This position, Education Programs Coord I - TS GOLD Trainer (Job Opening #620621), is open to all State employees and external applicants.
This is a temporary position. Temporary work is typically for variable hours, and is not expected to be full-time. The State does not guarantee 40 hours of work per week.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Katie McCarthy by telephone at 802/479-1401 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
* Conduct structured trainings for adults on the Teaching Strategies GOLD tool (2017 through 2018)
* Provide several two day Teaching Strategies GOLD trainings throughout the state of Vermont as assigned
* Provide technical assistance as needed to trainees over the phone or in person as needed
* Participate in monthly Community of Practice calls with other Teaching Strategies GOLD trainers.
* Participate in a VT AOE Teaching Strategies GOLD trainer orientation
* Planning, knowledge, and adherence to the prescribed Teaching Strategies GOLD Training Manual and Teaching Strategies practices
* Environmental Factors: Training and technical assistance is generally performed in various settings throughout the state. In-state travel is anticipated for which private means of transportation must be available. Some work outside of normal work schedule may be required. Considerable interaction with a variety of school and education stakeholders may be encountered.
* Attend a Teaching Strategies Gold 3 day Introductory Train the Trainer training early spring 2017 (if not currently trained by Teaching Strategies)
To read the full job specification for this position, please visit the DHR Job Specifications page.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Considerable knowledge of one or more educational or technical specialties./ Considerable knowledge of the field of education in general and awareness of developments and programs in other jurisdictions./ Considerable knowledge and skill in planning, developing, and coordinating programs and initiatives./ Ability to prepare reports of considerable complexity./ Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing./ Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Education and Experience:
Master's degree in education, public administration or related field AND two (2) years or more as an Education Consultant II OR at a professional level involving program development, supervision or leadership experience in a public or private agency.
Note: Some positions may have certification requirements or other special requirements.
Special Requirements: n/a
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.