Distribution Center Manager
Vermont Teddy Bear Company | Shelburne, VT
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is seeking an experienced Distribution Center Manager to join our Operations team! The Distribution Center Manager will work collaboratively to ensure the day to day activities of all departments with the Distribution Center are completed within service levels and budget. Further, the Distribution Center Manager will build, support, and nurture a distribution team that supports all aspects of the company’s Brands.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Create an annual budget that strives to continually improve cost management and service levels.
• Develop staffing plans that ensure appropriate staffing levels are available to meet business demands while also ensuring accuracy in the budgeting process.
• Develop employees through training to seek greater levels of responsibility allowing for clear succession planning.
• Aid in space planning with an eye towards for optimal efficiency in the DC
• Ensure standard operating procedures exist and are followed to ensure consistency.
• Work with vendors to gather information for the purchase and implementation of new services, software, equipment and supplies.
The ideal candidate displays elevated critical thinking skills, is a team player, and can easily maneuver through multiple tasks simultaneously.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in distribution center or manufacturing process required. Strong working knowledge of distribution center best practices, previous experience with directs supervision of employees, and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Public Speaking, and time management preferred.
The Vermont Teddy Bear Co. offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and ability along with a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance. As well as generous time off package, 401(k) with match, a health club membership and 50% discount on all of our great products!
For more information and to apply, please visit our website www.vermontteddybear.com/employment