Director of Shared Services
State of Vermont | Montpelier, VT
The State of Vermont, Agency of Digital Services is seeking an energetic, customer centric information technology (IT) leader to be our next Director of Shared Services. You will lead a team of IT managers and staff and be responsible for Shared Services operations and customer service, including planning, implementing, documenting and training of associated applications and support systems. Examples include Microsoft 365, the wide area network, and user computing devices and phones.
An ideal candidate will have a solid technical background, can effectively manage and motivate staff and recognizes the value in relationships. You will ensure people, infrastructure and applications are performing in accordance with agreements and contracts within the limits of budget and policy.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. infrastructure and applications) in the Shared Services Division, and evaluate them according to established policy and goals.
- Devise and establish IT procedures and systems to support the implementation of strategy and policy.
- Support the CIO's Office on items related to IT operations.
- Work closely with governance bodies, enterprise architects, security and project teams to understand and implement program requirements.
- Purchase efficient and cost effective technological equipment and software, apply asset management controls, and ensure proper configuration and change management.
- Monitor and control budget.
- Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
Who May Apply
This position, Director of Shared Services (Job Requisition #802), is open to all State employees and external applicants. This is an exempt, full-time position.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Kristy.Pirie@vermont.gov
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
The expected salary range is $100k-115k, based upon qualifications and experience.
- Proven experience in a comparable role.
- Proven experience in incident management, response, coordination and communications.
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications.
- Experience in controlling information technology budget.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills with the ability to maintain and extend effective client relationships.
- Excellent time management and attention to detail.
- Well-developed inter-personal skills and experience in interacting with senior stakeholders.
- Fluent, clear and articulate in verbal and written communication with the ability to convey interest and enthusiasm when presenting.
- Assertive and able to take charge of a situation when appropriate with the ability to lead, motivate and influence others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.
Nearest Major Market: Barre
Nearest Secondary Market: Montpelier