Director of Development, Marketing, and Community Relations
Copley Health Systems Inc. | Morrisville, VT
Directs the activities of the hospital as they pertain to development and fund raising, marketing, public relations, business development, government affairs, community outreach, market research and volunteering.
- Review and evaluate department performance in relation to established goals, implement changes to affect improvement or react to changes in the organization, industry or community.
- Develop department budget and ensure the department operates within allocated funds.
- Maintain established organizational and department policies and procedures.
- Participate as a member of the Senior Management Team and provide a development-oriented perspective in Senior Management discussions and decisions
- Perform other such duties as directed by the president of Copley Health Systems.
- Design, implement, and facilitate annual marketing plan for the organization
- Develop promotional materials including marketing collateral materials and print media
- Maintain a consistency throughout all communications
- Support and facilitate development and implementation of selected business/marketing plans
- Serve as company spokesperson and/or Chief Information Officer
- Respond to inquiries from the press
- Manage day-to-day activities with PR, press and marketing communications agencies
- Determine the appropriateness of media requests for information and formulate the content, timing and manner of information releases (e.g., system admissions, new equipment or facilities and other items of general interest), in conformance with system and medical codes of ethics.Develop policies regarding media presence in the hospital.
- Draft and edit press releases and by-line articles to a high standard consistent with company massaging and editorial guidelines
- Monitor and advise the President & CEO of new legislation affecting healthcare or the health system as it arises.
- Manage speaking opportunities and awards programs for physicians and staff
- Facilitate the planning and organization of special events. Recruit speakers from the hospital or personally address groups of civic, business and service organizations on health and health care ethics.
- Plan, organize and direct the development of gifts and special funds from philanthropic corporations, trusts and individuals
- Design and implement fund-raising campaigns using techniques of direct mail solicitation, personal solicitation, benefit events, involvement of business organizations, appeals to philanthropic organizations, and planned giving through estate planning, bequests, trusts, etc.
- Review, advise and participate in the approval of the Volunteer department budget and ensure that the department operates within that budget and meets established goals.
- Co-facilitate a volunteer program that enhances the patient and resident experience while supplementing needed services within the system.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Marketing or Organizational Planning or five years of related healthcare experience.
Two years managerial and administrative experience in planning, marketing and public relations.
Five or more years of healthcare administration in planning, marketing and public relations.
Demonstrated administrative and organizational abilities; ability to work well with board, staff, physicians, donors, volunteers; excellent verbal and written communication skills; high degree of attention to detail; computer proficiency
Budget and financial planning management.