Director of Administration / Chief Financial Officer
Advance Transit, the nationally recognized provider of the Upper Valley’s robust public transit system, serving nearly one million riders per year, is seeking a Director of Administration / CFO. Reporting to the Executive Director, this leadership position is responsible for directing the administrative activities of the organization, primarily financial management but also human resource management. As the principal financial officer the Director of Administration / CFO will be an integral member the executive team of this not-for-profit organization located in Wilder, Vermont, a neighbor to Dartmouth College and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center.
Responsibilities of the Director of Administration / Chief Financial Officer:
- Manage financial controls, reporting and accounting procedures.
- Conduct financial planning including financial analysis and system performance monitoring.
- Develop and administer grant cost allocation programs, and internal and external regulatory and reporting requirements.
- Provide management with reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position.
- Working directly with the Executive Director and Board Finance Committee Chair, direct the preparation of operating and capital budgets. Arrange for audits of company's accounts.
- Coordinate the accounting for and reporting on all grant revenue and expenditures.
- Advise management about insurance coverage and administer the risk management program.
- Assist management with service planning activities, with primary focus on cost model development.
- Manage a comprehensive human resources program including the development and implementation of policies, procedures, personnel rules, and regulations relating to all personnel.
- Oversee staff development including recruitment, testing, training, classification, appraisals, and compensation.
- Coordinate benefits programs, drug and alcohol program compliance, EEO compliance, and discipline and grievance practices.
Qualifications of the Director of Administration / CFO:
- Director of Administration / CFO must have 3+ years’ experience and a Bachelor's’ degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Strong financial skills and experience including the ability to prepare, analyze, and interpret financial reports, and general business, professional, and regulatory publications.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Advanced computer skills, including MS Office and financial reporting software Results oriented.
Benefits of the Director of Administration / Chief Financial Officer:
- Benefits include generous PTO (paid time off)
- Premium-Level Health Insurance (80% company payment), dental and vision insurance
- HRA, FSA and Retirement plan with company participation