Day School Teacher
Sugarbush Resort | Warren, VT
The Sugarbush Day School is seeking Teachers to join our team! The Sugarbush Day School is a state licensed day care for children ages 6 weeks to 6 years of age. In addition to having the necessary professional requirements, we are looking for candidates who are energetic, fun, and have a genuine love for children. Position will begin at the end of August.
Benefits include: A season pass to Ski or Ride, discounted on- site day care, resort and local area business discounts, Health and Recreation Center discounts, and more!
Teachers are responsible for the development and facilitation of programs for specific age groups (Nursery, Toddler, or Pre-K). Day School teachers provide direct education and child care services, develop and implement curriculum, and communicate with parents about programs and progress of children. Teachers will make decisions about the operation of an entire room or group of children relating to: education, entertainment, discipline and scheduling. Teachers plan and implement activities to meet physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of children.
Per State of Vermont Regulations:
- Applicants must be at least twenty (20) years of age and meet one of the following qualifications:
- At least a Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level Four (4) A or B Certificate.
- At least a bachelor degree from an accredited college with a major or concentration in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary Education, Special Education with a birth to eight (8) years of age focus, or Child and Family Services and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger.
- At least a bachelor degree from an accredited college with at least successful completion of thirty (30) college credits with an early childhood or school age focus and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger.
- Hold at least a current Vermont Agency of Education teaching license with an endorsement in Early Childhood, Early Childhood Special Education, or Elementary Education.
Annual CPR and Biannual First Aid Certification Training required.
This position is subject to a background check, and fingerprinting, a criminal records check will be performed on all applicants offered employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon the results of the background check.