Day School Teacher Associate
Sugarbush Resort | Warren, VT
The Sugarbush Day School, located in beautiful Warren, VT, is seeking Teacher Associates to join our team! The Sugarbush Day School is a state licensed day care for children ages 6 weeks to 6 years of age. In addition to having the necessary professional requirements, we are looking for candidates who are energetic, fun, and have a genuine love for children. Position will begin at the end of August.
Benefits include: A season pass to Ski or Ride, discounted on- site day care, resort and local area business discounts, Health and Recreation Center discounts, and more!
The Teacher Associate assists and supports the Lead Teacher with the overall room management and development of a high quality program. A Teacher Associate is responsible for a group of children providing direct education and child care services within the room they work (Nursery, Toddler or Pre-K). Teacher Associates will help develop and implement curriculum, and may supervise a group of children for a portion of the day.
Per State of Vermont Regulations:
- Applicants must be at least 20 years of age.
- A high school graduate or has completed a GED, and meets one (1) of the following qualifications:
- At least a Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level Three (3) Certificate
- At least an associate degree from an accredited college with a major or concentration in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary Education, or Child and Family Services and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger.
- At least a Certificate of Completion from the Registered Child Care Apprenticeship Program.
- At least a Child Care Certificate from the Community College of Vermont and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger.
- At least successful completion of twenty-one (21) college credits with an early childhood or school age focus and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger.
CPR basic First Aid license are recommended.
Experience working in a resort or Non-recurring care preferred.
This position is subject to a background check, and fingerprinting, a criminal records check will be performed on all applicants offered employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon the results of the background check.