Customer Service Support Clerk
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont | Berlin, VT
The Customer Service Support Clerk provides the necessary administrative support services for the Customer Service Department. These services include processing authorization to release information, primary care physician and specialist letters according to Rule 10 and NCQA guidelines, check traces, preparing claims for processing in the system, handling and distributing in-coming mail to the Customer Service Staff, telephone coverage, photocopying, and file maintenance, other clerical duties and special projects.
- Review and sort mail and distribute.
- Distribute daily reports.
- Review and process authorization to release information.
- Process check traces inquiries.
- Process primary care physicians and specialize correspondence according to Rule 10 and NCQA guidelines.
- Type memos, correspondence and perform research for the Customer Service Department.
- Prepare letters for mailing to customers.
- Provide routine administrative support to include opening and distributing mail, faxing, and answering telephone calls.
- Assist staff with preparing documents to be imaged and indexed.
- Prepare claims for processing
11. Perform other clerical duties and special projects as assigned.