Customer Service Manager
Data Innovations, LLC | South Burlington, VT
The Data Innovations Customer Service Manager provides innovative and operational leadership to the customer support team. The Customer Service Manager works collaboratively with customers, and the entire customer support team to optimize customer satisfaction while contributing to strategic plans and team objectives. It is imperative that this person be able to influence a culture of proactive support that embraces service excellence in every customer interaction.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Actively manage a team of 10+ Customer Support Engineers, both local and remote
- Provide management support to the short- and long-term global customer support strategy, programs and processes to help maximize customer satisfaction
- Accomplish customer service staffing objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions; plan and review compensation actions; enforce policies and procedures
- Manage employees’ performance and promote their individual professional development through timely performance reviews, regular interaction and coaching
- Achieve customer service objectives by contributing customer service information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implementing, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; complete audits; identify customer service trends; determine system improvements; implement change
- Foster a culture of collaboration, learning and innovation
- Determine customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customers; conduct surveys; form focus groups; benchmark best practices; analyze information and applications
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establish and communicate service metrics; monitor and analyze results; implement changes
- Maximize customer operational performance by providing technical advice; resolve problems
- Improve job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Be a highly visible customer advocate across the organization
- Ensure that quality and/or patient safety issues are handled according to Data Innovations’ policies and procedures
- Ensure continual compliance with Company and Quality System Requirements.
- Occasionally conduct trainings and presentations on new policies, procedures and work instructions
- Establish and maintain best practices to ensure data integrity and accuracy for internal systems (i.e. CRM).
- Establish measurement systems, in line with Operational requirements, to improve data driven decision making.
- Maintain strong professional relationships with strategic customers and business partners through regular meetings, issue review and other interactions
- Ensure the team’s operational readiness for new releases, products, services, awareness of price changes and internal systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Compelling communication skills and the ability to influence a team
- Competitive, empathetic, energetic, articulate, creative, honest, and driven
- Demonstrated ability to be an inspirational, effective leader, motivator and role model
- Experience developing/leading both local and remote teams
- Excellent analytical skills, problem solving skills and ability to resolve problems quickly
- Ability to support and embrace Company values
- Meet location requirements based in South Burlington, Vermont
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree and 7+ years of relevant experience with progressive responsibility, including 5+ years in a people management role. OR a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
While performing duties of this job, the employee is predominately functioning in a sedentary light office position with high frequency of telephone communication, keyboarding, and computer.
Preferred skills and experience:
In addition to the above requirements, the ideal employee/candidate will have experience with the following:
- Industry experience
- Experience with laboratory workflow and practices – clinical or operational
- Strong knowledge of computing and technical environments, such as operating systems, communication protocols, software applications, hardware platforms, etc.
This person reports directly to the Director of Customer Service and has the responsibility of supervising 5 or more employees.