Crisis Assessment Clinician - First Call
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
First Call for Chittenden County responds to mental health emergencies, with the philosophy that the caller defines the crisis. The population served includes youth and adults in Chittenden County, other family members or natural supports, Howard Center staff, medical and mental health care providers, law enforcement, schools and other community partners.
A Crisis Assessment Clinician provides assessment, intervention, support, assistance and referrals to youth and adults who are experiencing a mental health emergency, emotional distress or are in a self-defined crisis. Consider this position if you have a Master's Degree, are licensed/license eligible and have use of a personal vehicle with a clean driving record.
Provide clinical services to youth and adults experiencing a mental health emergency.
Mobile throughout the county, respond to locations that are deemed safe, least restrictive and convenient for client/families.
Collaborate with family members, medical and mental health professionals, law enforcement, schools and other community partners.
Navigate the mental health system of care and make referrals to the appropriate level of mental health treatment.
Clinical documentation and additional administrative tasks
Master's degree in a mental health field
Clinical License OR on the Roster of Non-Licensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists
QMHP credential required after 6 months of employment
Use of a personal vehicle with a clean driving record
Ability to perform duties during scheduled shifts, regardless of the time of day or day of week
Ability to make critical decisions and feel comfortable working in a fast paced environment
Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Knowledge of and ability to navigate the mental health system of care for children and adults
* Full time, 37.5 hours/week
* Exempt position
* This is a Union position
* This positions offers a competitive starting salary of $47,000.00, or higher depending on education and experience
* This position offers an additional $2000 for licensure
Licensing Requirement Notice:
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license required for this position then you must be on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for part-time positions
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.