Cont- Temp Project Manager
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
conjunction with the Chittenden Regional Consortium planning committee, this role will lead the
exploration, development and design of an alternative, therapeutic school in
includes participating in the development of the model and staffing structure,
identifying a facility and supporting the retrofit, and facilitating the
independent school approval process. This
position is part of a partnership between a community mental health center and
public schools and requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Accomplish project objectives by planning
overall project scope, developing work plans, resource requirements, and
project success measures.
Meet regularly with the committee to coordinate
planning, share progress of work and identify and resolve issues
Prepare status reports by gathering,
analyzing and summarizing relevant information, identifying next phase tasks
and resources, and evaluating risks and recommendations for adjustments to meet
timelines when needed.
Create and maintain comprehensive project
degree in related field
* Proven ability to lead and complete projects
within expected timeframes
* Master's degree in Education or related field preferred
* Strong understanding of Education/Special Education laws and regulations preferred
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
* This is a time-limited assignment with flexible, part time hours over 12-15 months
* This is a non-exempt position
* This position is not benefits eligible
Perks & Benefits:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.