Community Support Specialist- Assisted Living Support Provider
Washington County Mental Health Services | Barre, VT
Provide 35 hours per week of direct supervision and support to a 22 year old young man with communication and sensory needs. 25 hours per week will be spent engaging and encouraging the individual to participate in the community and life skills activities. 10 hours per week will be spent providing support with independent living skills.
The ideal candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to maintain a consistent schedule. The candidate ideally will have a sense of humor, patience, strong communication skills, and empathy and respect towards all people.
- To help promote an active lifestyle and healthy choice-making by way of assisting the individual in building and implementing a well-balanced schedule.
- To foster community integration.
- To support individual with communication needs and learn appropriate methods to do so.
- Support the individual in improving daily living skills and independent living skills.
- Assist the individual with self-advocacy.
- To work independently as well as part of a team.
- To record detailed information and complete all agency required paperwork in a timely manner.
- To provide client transportation in your own vehicle to and from community activities, appointments, and home.
- Follow all of support plans that may be in place.
- Willingness to learn crisis de-escalation and learn NAPPI policies and procedures.
- Follow supervision directives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: A valid driver’s license, excellent driving record, and a safe, insured vehicle are required. High School Diploma or equivalent needed. Some college preferred.