Community Support Specialist (1580)
Washington County Mental Health Services, Inc. | Barre, VT
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Seeking a motivated support specialist to provide community and vocational supports 20 hours a week to a woman in her early 60’s.
The ideal candidate will possess strong organizational skills, be flexible and open-minded.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide structure and support to lead an active lifestyle in social and recreational/vocational settings
- Assist and advocate medically related concerns, including attending medical appointments when required
- Preserve privacy, confidentiality and insure dignity to assigned individual and all others
- Possess the ability to work independently as well as with the team that supports the individual
- Strong verbal and written skills. Must be able to maintain communication with all team members (Family,Case Manager, etc)
- Follow and implement all agency policies and procedures
- Perform additional duties as assigned or required by your supervisor
- Attend trainings, in-services, and/or conferences to assure professional growth as approved by supervisor
- Have a safe reliable vehicle. Possess a clean driving record and valid driver’s license to transport individuals in your personal vehicle
QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or equivalent. Prior experience providing services to adults with developmental disabilities preferred, but not required. Must have valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and the use of a safe, reliable vehicle.