Commercial Loan/Business Development Officer
Claremont Savings Bank | United States
General Position Summary and Purpose:
The Commercial Lender is responsible for managing existing business relationships and for developing new commercial lending opportunities. Provides high quality customer service to the Bank’s business customers and the business community. Establishes relationships with new and existing business customers by structuring loans and presenting commercial banking services that will meet their needs. Manages the Bank’s risk through analysis of applicant’s financial status and credit worthiness and by properly structuring loan agreements. The location of this position is flexible to be out of our Main Office in Claremont, NH or our Springfield, Vt branch. This position will require extensive traveling for business development throughout the Upper Valley and/or Connecticut River Valley.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Four Year college degree desired with a major in business or finance or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge and experience in commercial lending and business development.
- Minimum of three years of commercial origination experience
- Thorough knowledge of commercial loan products and third party guarantee offerings is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven leadership and organizational abilities.
- Excellent computer skills including Excel. Ability to learn new commercial lending software required.
- Formal credit training and strong financial analysis skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of credit risk.
- Ability to network with local businesses, attend business functions, and stay informed of the local commercial lending market opportunities.
- Must be able to visit commercial clients businesses.
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive in attracting new customers.
EEO/AA/Female/Min/Disabled/Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity