Clinician-Treatment Resource Coordinator
Washington County Mental Health Services, Inc. | Berlin, VT
Description: A full-time office and community-based position with benefits, designed to serve adults, children and families whose lives have been impacted by trauma.
In the role of Treatment Resource Coordinator (TRC), this clinician provides assessment and interventions consistent with the first phase of trauma treatment, helping individuals and families develop stabilization skills and establish emotional and psychological safety in the broader context of their lives. Because traumatic experiences often present a wide range of challenges to individuals and families, trauma treatment services are designed to be client-collaborative and team-oriented, in order to support recovery in multiple life domains. The TRC identifies and facilitates access to services, activities and additional providers to create an individualized and holistic treatment plan and treatment process. Flexibility and creativity are helpful attributes in this role, which regularly includes individual or group therapeutic work with adults and children, dyadic work with a parent and child, skills coaching, parenting support and psychoeducation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide assessment and implement stage one trauma treatment interventions to promote safety, self-care and stabilization skills.
- Coordinate treatment referrals, resources and team meetings in collaboration with clients, WCMHS programs and other Washington County agencies serving adults and families.
- Provide family-parent/child education and teach skills to foster communication, emotion identification, and positive relationships within family systems
The successful candidate will have the following skills and/or experience:
- Knowledge of and experience in phase-oriented trauma treatment with adults & families
- Knowledge of child development and the impact of traumatic events on family systems
- Demonstrated clinical interviewing and assessment skills, both oral and written
- Competence providing both individual and group therapy
- Ability to identify, access, and coordinate delivery of agency and community resources
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to create and participate in treatment team meetings, client advocacy and behavior management consultation
Qualifications: Licensed or license-eligible Master’s level clinician with one year experience in treating the effects of trauma.