Clinical Systems Analyst
North Country Hospital | Newport, VT
Statement of Purpose
The Clinical Analyst is a specialist that analyzes, understands, evaluates, and documents clinical processes, and the impact of information technologies. The clinical analyst will lead and participate with multi-disciplinary teams to resolve complex clinical process issues through the effective analyses and formulation of recommendations related to the implementation of information technologies. He or she analyzes clinical workflow to identify improved best workflow processes that will be supported by information technology. Coordinate aspects of planning, design, development, training, implementation, communication, maintenance and evaluation of existing or new functionality related to clinical information systems (CIS). Clinical information systems support during off hours through participation in on-call rotation.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess an in-depth, advanced clinical base of knowledge and five or more years of related clinical experience. Strong management and leadership experience working in an acute healthcare setting is preferred.
- Must possess advanced knowledge related to the structure and management of databases.
- Understands the interrelationships involved with data integration and interfacing.
- Understands the processes needed to develop plans for utilization of computerized systems and to implement the changes needed to accomplish improved workflows.
- Ability to understand and work with workflows relating to medication administration, physician order entry, and physician documentation.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills, advanced analytical skills, be well organized, and maintain a highly professional manner and appearance.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills and capabilities. Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of team building skills, from both participant and leadership roles.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a collaborative, shared leadership environment.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of North Country Hospital.
Education and/or Experience
Position requires a minimum of an Associate Degree in Computer Science with at least two years experience in a clinical working environment
Is currently a licensed Registered Nurse with at least two years working in an informatics-related position.