Chief Medical Officer
Porter Medical Center | Middlebury, VT
Chief Medical Officer: Full-time (80 hours per pay period, which includes both clinical and administrative time), eligible for full benefits.
The Chief Medical Officer is a member of Porter Medical Center’s Senior Leadership Team, whose role is to ensure high quality care for patients of the organization.
Key Position Highlights
- Active participation in population health initiatives.
- Growing collaboration with academic medical center and health network.
- Transformative Epic implementation underway, with phased go-live starting fall 2019.
- Act as a liaison between Porter Medical Center administration and the Medical Staff
- Assume responsibility, along with the Quality Department and other members of the Leadership Team, for quality of care and customer service.
- Provide leadership for and participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Work with the Medical Staff and the Medical Staff Coordinator to assure a thorough process for initial appointment, ongoing competence evaluation, and biennial reappointment to the Medical Staff.
- Work with and provide oversite for the Medical Directors to assure high quality patient care.
- Have a working knowledge of applicable national, state, and local laws and regulations and work with members of the Leadership Team and Medical Staff to assure compliance with appropriate certifying agencies.
- Provide leadership in strategic planning in areas pertaining to patient care.
- Medical Degree and unrestricted Vermont State Medical License
- Membership on the Porter Medical Center Medical Staff
- Five years of clinical experience
- Previous leadership experience
- Basic computer skills