Case Manager - Family Partnership and Support
Washington County Mental Health Services, Inc. | Barre, VT
Summary of Position: To coordinate and facilitate specific ongoing supports and services to children and youth and families experiencing a severe emotional / behavioral disturbance. Extensive collaboration with other agencies and supports serving children and youth and families in need.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide support and specific case coordination services to foster care providers, adoptive parents and / or biological parents.
2. Provide ongoing supports and services to children and youth experiencing a severe emotional / behavioral disturbance and their families.
3. Participation and facilitation of ongoing treatment team meetings, participation in DCF Case Plan Reviews, and participation in educational meetings.
4. Develop and implement plans of care, which provide for the delivery of services and Interventions to identified youth and families
5. Assist in developing natural supports for children and youth within their communities.
6. Work collaboratively with local DCF office, schools and other agencies providing services to children and youth experiencing a severe emotional / behavioral disturbance and their families.
7. Complete all assigned paperwork accurately and with the identified timeframe. Maintain client records to include writing monthly summaries, treatment team summaries and all other required paperwork relevant to providing client services.
8. Provide crisis intervention and support to children and youth experiencing a severe emotional / behavioral disturbance and their families.
9. Provide client transportation as needed in your own vehicle to and from community activities, foster placements mental health appointments, etc. Staff is responsible to carry adequate insurance coverage.
10. To familiarize, implement and comply with WCMHS policies and procedures.
11. Follow supervision directives.
12. Perform other duties / responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications: BA in human services or related field is required. Two years of human service delivery with children and families preferred. Possession of a valid driver’s license, excellent driving record and access to a safe, reliable, insured vehicle are required. Full time with benefits.