Bakery Production Manager
Donuts of Rutland | Rutland, VT
Donuts of Rutland, dba Dunkin Donuts, is looking for a Bakery Production Manager to oversee it's Central Manufacturing Facility (CML) in Rutland, VT. Our CML supplies our 12 locations throughout Central Vermont and 3 locations in Washington County and Essex County, New York. We are a locally owned and operated Dunkin' Donuts franchise, with a fast-paced, high energy environment. As a Dunkin' Donuts franchisee, we are committed to our employees as much as we are committed to our customers. We value hardworking and enthusiastic employees and we make it a priority to ensure their success. If you are looking for an opportunity that will be both challenging and rewarding, while allowing you to grow your skills and share your own expertise, we want to hear from you!
In this role as a Bakery Production Manager, you will have overall resposibility for directing daily operation of bakery production including mixing, quality checks, filling, and packing products in accordance with process and quality standards to meet production schedule.
- Team Environment: Train and develop employees for each step of the production process; Communicate job expectations to all employees; Plan, monitor, and review each employees’ job performance.
- Operational Excellence: Maintain a safe, secure, healthy and clean environment by following and enforcing safety, food safety, and sanitation guidelines; Comply with all applicable laws. Ensure CML is appropriately staffed to achieve production goals; Ensure Dunkin’ Brand standards and systems are executed; Prepare and complete action plans to drive performance and efficiency; Implement production goals everyday with focus on quality & following procedures; Communicate with management team regarding any feedback or issues relating to production; Ensure proper training & execution of new products; Responsible for maintaining equipment, stock areas, & grounds daily.
- Profitability: Control food costs to help maximize profitability; Complete weekly schedule for all employees; Perform monthly inventory; Perform weekly vendor ordering; Ensure kitchen budget is met per General Manager/Franchisee standards
- Additionally, your responsibilities will include:
- Distinguishing acceptable product from unacceptable product
- Starting up and shutting down operations for line
- Documenting all required paperwork such as Batch Sheets and Critical Control Points (CCP) forms
- Achieving 100% daily schedule conformance
- Limiting down time and use time to prepare for more product or to pack and clean line. Downtime that is the result of mechanical failure, missing packaging, etc. should be reported to the lead or supervisor immediately
- Maintaining cleanliness on line and 5S standards. Equipment and work areas must be kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout shift. End of shift requires cleaning of equipment, removal of any waste and garbage generated during the shift. Ensure proper care of equipment
- Following all safety procedures and participate in safety training. Maintaining safe and efficient use of equipment, tools, and person
- Reporting any injury or accident immediately to supervisory and/or any unsafe condition.
- Supporting and complying with all quality management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety, employee safety, preventative maintenance programs.
- Participating in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) initiatives
- Supervising bakery staff to include training, monitoring performance, employee morale, disciplinary action, scheduling and maintaining proper staff levels
- Ensuring bakery operations are within established goals for budget, inventory, labor and other operations metrics
- 5+ years experience in the food industry or equivalent, 3+ years managerial expereince in food production
- Strong interpersonal & leadership skills
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, crouching, crawling and climbing ladders to various heights as required.
- Current Drivers License
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintence instructions, and CMC procedure manuals
- Intermediate PC skills- ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel for internal communication and data analysis
- Minimum of high school diploma
- At least 18 years of age
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability & Accident Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Employee Discounts
APPLY NOW!! SUBMIT YOUR RESUME HERE!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.