Autism Specialist I - Certified
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
The Autism Spectrum Program (ASP) provides support services to individuals ages 2-21 with an autism spectrum disorder. Services are provided in home, school, and community settings and target teaching essential skills including social communication, adaptive behavior, daily living and functional learning skills. The ASP also provides consultation and training services regarding autism and evidence based interventions.
* Develop and manage individualized assessment, treatment and integration services for children and youth with Autism Spectrum Disorders
* Train and supervise direct service staff
* Coordinate services with school districts, families and other team members
* Train/support families in utilizing interventions and behavior management techniques in the home environment
* Provide ABA and ASD consultation within the agency or community
This position provides an exciting opportunity to contribute to a growing program, and to the field of Autism services in the state of Vermont.
* Masters degree and certified as a Board Certified Behavior Analyst
* 2 years of field experience with Applied Behavior Analysis and children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
* Extensive training in the principles and techniques of Applied Behavioral Analysis as a primary treatment methodology and experience in the application of this methodology.
* Use of a personal vehicle and a clean driving record
* Supervisory experience preferred
* Full time, 37.5 hours/week
* This is an exempt position
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
- Delta dental
- Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for positions 20 hours or more
- Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
- Life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Childcare stipend
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee referral program with financial payment
- Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
- Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
- Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.