Customer Service and Sales Associate
Alpine SnowGuards and EcoFasten Solar | Morrisville, VT
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the companies’ products and pricing structure,
- Handle incoming customer calls (sales, service, inquiries and issues).
- Prepare and send sales quotes to customer, after reviewing for accuracy and completeness.
- Handle and resolve customer complaints, including supervisor when necessary.
- Follow-up on all sales quotes until resolved (won or lost).
- Mine database of current customers (activity this year and previous two years) for increased sales and reactivation of customers – meet or exceed the companies’ organic sales goals.
- Answers technical support phone calls and emails on a variety of topics, including product specifications, warranties, installation, and use.
- Utilize the CRM system on a daily basis; scheduling and documenting activities.
- Occasional travel as required, including representing the companies at tradeshows and meeting with customers at their jobsite or location.
- Regularly communicate with Customer Service Manager; review weekly sales activities, progress on goals.
- Assist and support the Sales Managers as required, including preparing quotes, proposals, and presentations, and occasional travel with the Sales Managers to visit customer prospects.
- Complete required reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with company policy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
- Working knowledge of the roofing and/or solar industry preferred.
- Familiar with a variety of mechanical or construction-type installation concepts, practices, techniques and procedures
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills (bilingual a plus)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Good basic math skills and understanding
- Maintain a sense of urgency in this fast-paced environment
- Ability to do some traveling.
- Ability to work well with others and handle customer complaints.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- A least one year of experience in a customer-facing sales or service role (B2B).