Legal Plan Document Coordinator
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont | Barre, VT
As part of the Legal team, the Legal Plan Documents Coordinator is responsible for drafting, developing and producing legal documents that describe member health plans and are essential to the smooth and professional conduct of Plan business. These include certificates of insurance and providing guidance to employer clients to produce summary plan descriptions.
- Writes, designs and manages production of Plan certificates, riders, summary plan description documents, and other legally required materials related to customer benefits, while prioritizing among multiple projects. Maintains a high level of production quality while managing customer satisfaction. Subject matter may include medical, technical or legal topics. Such work shall include managing version control and ensuring that all materials are updated annually or as otherwise required by law.
- Negotiates and collaborates with external parties, including employer clients, to understand clients’ interests and expectations, and balancing those with potential legal risks regarding creating and finalizing benefit documents and customer contracts.
- Researches and verifies laws relating to certificates and other documents, as appropriate.
- Works collaboratively with the Marketing, Sales, Communications and other teams, as needed, to help design new certificates. Such work will require negotiating, prioritizing, and adhering to deadlines in order to ensure products are approved in time to take them to market, considering both regulatory, customer and business needs.
- Possesses and maintains a thorough cross-functional knowledge of all company areas to ensure accuracy of documentation of operations, benefits and services. Responsible for ensuring continued accuracy of documents and contracts as benefits, benefits administration, and services change.