Clinician - Early Childhood Program
HowardCenter | Burlington, VT
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingThe Early Childhood Program offers home-based parenting education and support; supportive counseling for children; consultation, advocacy and case management; and behavioral consultation and support in childcare, preschool, and Head Start classroom settings. The Program provides training, consultation, and education to caregivers and providers who support young children and families.
Consider this position if you have a Master's Degree, are licensed/license-eligible (see Licensing section below), and have a valid driver's license and a clean driving history.
* Provide comprehensive mental health services to children/families throughout Chittenden County
* Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to support children who are at risk of abuse or neglect, or loosing their educational/childcare placement due to extreme behaviors.
* Provide on-site consultation to HeadStart teachers, EEE teachers, childcare providers and families
* Provide Early Childhood education, individually to families and through workshops/trainings/support groups
* Develop individualized treatment plans, monitor delivery of services and evaluate effectiveness of services over time
* Provide crisis prevention and intervention
* Provide individual and group counseling
* Coordinate treatment teams and promote consistent treatment approaches across home, school, community settings
* Master's Degree
* Licensed or on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists
* Valid Driver's License with clean driving history
* One year of experience working in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology or related field
* Experience working with children and families
Licensing Requirement Notice
Vermont regulation mandates that if you do not hold a valid license then you must be on the Roster of Nonlicensed & Noncertified Psychotherapists before you can be hired for work in this position. If you are not yet on the Roster, please begin the process immediately to avoid delay in hiring. Note this process may take 3-5 days for in-state applications and up to several weeks for out-of-state applications. Instructions can be found on the website for the Vermont Office of Professional Regulation.
* This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week
* This is a benefit-eligible position
* This is a union position
* This is an exempt position
* This is a salaried position, $41,623.63 plus additional $2000 for licensure
Perks & Benefits:
• Comprehensive BCBS Medical with agency-paid premium support for individuals, couples, and families
• Delta dental
• Generous time off starting at 36 days of combined time off per year for full-time employees (and increasing with years of service); pro-rated for part-time positions
• Agency paid 401K retirement and additional incentive match program
• Life insurance
• Flexible spending account
• Childcare stipend
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee referral program with financial payment
• Discounted online undergraduate/graduate courses through Champlain College truED
• Award-winning workplace wellness program HC4ME including physical fitness groups for staff, financial wellness incentives, and ongoing workplace wellness advocacy and education
• Voluntary benefits from local/international businesses: discounted gym memberships, mobile phone service, ski/snowboard passes, auto/home insurance, and more!
Howard Center is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The agency's culture and service delivery is strengthened by the diversity of its workforce. Minorities, people of color and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE/TTY. Visit "About Us" to review Howard Center's EOE policy.