Retail Assistant Department Coordinator
The Vermont Country Store | Weston, VT
We are a 70-year-old family-owned business seeking a experienced Retail Assistant Department Coordinator in our Men's Clothing, Domestics, and Household departments, who has a passion for making the customer happy and a love for great product. The Retail Assistant Department Coordinator will be responsible for assisting and aiding the Department Supervisor in directing and coordinating activities on the sales floor relating to personnel, merchandising and inventory control.
Join an outstanding Retail team to deliver a shopping experience that creates a memorable and emotional connection with all of its customers.
If you can answer Yes to the following questions, we want to hear from you!
- Someone who constantly strives to exceed operation and sales goals?
- Enthusiastic and passionate about Vermont Country Store Products?
- Someone who excels in supervision and leadership?
- A positive colleague, with a team oriented and can do attitude?
- Someone who enjoys training new staff on operational and customer service procedures, retail systems and merchandising plans?
- An ability to prioritize work in a multi-discipline environment?
- Motivated and influenced staff to come together in order to achieve outstanding results?
- Developed and carried out ideas for customer engagement and product demonstrations?
- Participated in public speaking and presentations, and have confidence doing so?
Are you ready to…
- Regularly engage customers and employees in a personal way to ensure they have an exceptional shopping experience?
- Lead any department in the store in absence of a department supervisor?
- Be a true “product expert,” and know all features and benefits of products for assigned departments?
- Display professional manners in accordance with Vermont Country Store values?
- High School Diploma and some College credits preferred, and 2-3 years’ retail experience and/or buying experience.
- Facilitate and encourage good communication with co-workers and customers.
- Exhibit a spirit of teamwork in effectively carrying out responsibility.
- Demonstrate flexibility and dependability in acceptance of assignments and direction.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.