More than 50 years in the Petroleum Business
What began in Burlington, Vermont in the mid 1940's, today, Champlain Oil has grown to become one of the region's largest, most respected, full-line distributor of gasoline and diesel fuel, with five retail locations, a corporate office and a wholesale location.
An environmentally sensitive company, Champlain Oil now works with over 400 businesses throughout Vermont, New Hampshire, and New York providing the highest caliber of products and services.
Our reputation has been built over the years on our ability to exceed our customers expectations, fueled by a caring, committed group of people - our employees - who are skilled in anticipating and servicing customers' needs.
Our products and services include:
- Transport and distribution of our diesel fuel and gasoline brands: Citgo, Mobil, Shell, Getty, Valero and our own brand, Maverick
- Our Commercial Fuel Network program offers easy-to-use gas cards set with security features and purchasing limits along with reports to help fleets see where they are saving money and to track fuel costs.
- Our subsidiary - Jiffy Mart convenient stores, available for franchising
We have succeeded over the past 50+ years due in no small part to our employees. Our 80 employees occupy positions at seven locations. Among other positions, we are typically hiring for:
- Transport Drivers
We offer on-the-job training to all employees and we make special training and education programs available to those who need it. We care about our employees and as a result, our turnover rate is almost non-existent.
We offer a full benefits package, including:
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Time
- Disability/Life Insurance
- Free Parking
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Competitive Wages
- Free event tickets for the taking (including box seats to the Vermont Lake Monsters!)
At Champlain Oil, we believe in giving back to those who need it most. Our annual Muscular Dystrophy Association Golf Tournament is coming upon its 20th year. Every Labor Day weekend we raise approximately $20,000 for Jerry's kids - a feat that we are very proud of and one that we plan to meet again this year. We are also strong participants in the American Heart Association's annual Heart Walk and the Epilepsy Foundation of Vermont annual Big Chill.
In addition to these efforts, we also contribute to and/or are members of the following groups:
- Vermont Grocers' Association
- Vermont Food Store
- Vermont Lake Monsters
- Prevent Child Abuse
- Ronald McDonald House
Join a diverse company with a half century of experience in Vermont. Thanks to our professional delivery teams and our dedicated support staff, we are indeed the best in the industry! Please click below to see our current job openings.