Dartmouth Journal Services, a dynamic and growing publishing services company located in Waterbury, Vermont, is looking to hire Production Assistant for our publishing services department. Production Assistant will provide support to our publishing services staff with publication production tracking, pre-edit processes and quality control, vendor file transfer, customer proof distribution, file maintenance/archiving, and all journal and book schedule adherence.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure integrity of data in production database for incoming and outgoing materials to/from customers, freelancers and global partners.
2. Review and provide feedback regarding ms prep operations performed by global partners.
3. Pre-edit manuscripts and/or perform quality checking of pre-edit processes. Resolve basic quality concerns.
4. Process finished art proofs.
5. Transfer electronic manuscripts and graphics to appropriate vendor(s) and resolve any related transfer problems.
6. Maintain good communications and relations with offshore partners and other departments and staff.
7. Send electronic proofs and hard copy proofs, per customer requirements, to editorial staff, authors and customers.
8. Check vendor products for compliance with specifications per Department procedures and under the direction of the Production Specialist.
9. Perform periodic system maintenance and archiving.
10. Back up Office Assistant duties as necessary.
11. Maintain procedures documentation.
12. Contribute to ongoing workflow refinements.
13. Assist in training new staff as assigned by the Group Leader.
14. Participate in team, Group and All Staff meetings
15. Perform general office duties such as filing, photocopying, and faxing.
16. Other duties as assigned.
To apply please e-mail your cover letter and resume as one Microsoft Word attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org, please include your salary requirements in your cover letter and list "Journal Production Assistant" in the subject line of your e-mail.