Live Work Give
Help Us Donate $6,000 to Vermont Nonprofits
Wouldn't you love to help out your favorite nonprofit Vermont charity this year with a gift of up to $1,000? What if we wrote the check? Enter our contest before July 1, 2013 for five chances to do just that.1
JobsInVT.com, Vermont's #1 employment resource, is celebrating 10 years of connecting job seekers and employers in Vermont! As a thank you, we are launching our JobsInVT.com Live Work Give campaign, giving away a total of $6,000 to 10 different Vermont nonprofits with quarterly and year-end drawings - but we need your help!
We are randomly selecting five Vermont job seekers and five Vermont employers to pick the 10 Vermont nonprofit recipients for us!
All You Need to Do
Enter our contest below once between February 1, 2013 and February 28, 2014. If you qualify, you may refresh the contest entry page and enter as both a job seeker and an employer (two entries).2
What We'll Do
- We will draw one job seeker's name and one employer's name at random from the contest entries at the end of each 2013 quarter.3
- Each of those quarterly job seeker winners will select one 501(c)(3) Vermont nonprofit charity organization to which we will donate $500 in their name.
- Likewise, we will then ask the quarterly employer winner to select one 501(c)(3) Vermont nonprofit charity organization to which we will donate $500 in the company's name.4
- At the end of the contest in March 2014, JobsInVT.com will select one last job seeker and one last employer from the contest entries, who will make their Vermont nonprofit selections. For this last drawing, JobsInVT.com will donate $1,000 to each of those charities.
See who has won our Q1 drawing.
Be sure to fill out and submit the entry form below soon to have the most chances to win for your favorite charity! And thanks for 10 great years!
- Entering the contest before April 1, 2013 provides contestants with five chances to win - four quarterly drawings and one end-of-contest drawing.
- You can enter to win as both a job seeker and an employer. If you win as a job seeker, you can select your favorite Vermont nonprofit. If you win as an employer, you must work with your employer to select a nonprofit on their behalf.
- Quarterly drawing dates: April, 2013; July, 2013, October, 2013; January, 2014. Grand Award drawing date: March, 2014.
- The difference between the job seeker and employer entries is that employers can have multiple entries (several employees from the same company can enter the contest). We will choose only one employer winner each quarter and that winner will need to work with their company to select a Vermont nonprofit recipient.
No purchase necessary. Purchase will not increase chance of winning. Entry in this Contest constitutes acceptance of these official rules ("Official Rules"). $6,000 USD in total prizes.
The Live Work Give contest ("Contest"), sponsored by JobsInVT.com ("Sponsor"), is designed to give Vermont employers, and Vermont job seekers ("Nominators") the opportunity designate a charity to which Sponsor will make a donation (as described below).
This Contest is only open to Vermont businesses and legal Vermont residents. Employees and directors of Sponsor, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, web masters and web suppliers (and their respective IRS dependents (for U.S. residents), immediate family members and individuals residing in the same household) are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited.
This Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on February 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on January 31, 2014 ("Contest Period").
How to Enter
- A Nominator can enter the Contest as a job seeker, representing himself/herself and choose any eligible Vermont nonprofit recipient. A Nominator can also enter the contest representing their employer, if they so wish. Therefore Nominators can submit two entries - one as a job seeker and one as an employer (representing their employer). When an employer entry is selected as a winner ("Winner"), the employer Nominator must work with their employer to choose a Vermont nonprofit recipient ("Nominee"). Submitting more than one job seeker entry and more than one employer entry will not improve the chances of winning. Five unique job seekers will win the ability to choose a recipient; and five unique employers will win the ability to choose a recipient. To enter this Contest, Nominators must complete and submit a Live Work Give entry form ("Entry Form") once during the Contest Period. Nominators may obtain this Entry Form online, at the Contest's landing page ("Landing Page").
- Nominators must enter this Contest electronically. All Entry Forms, submitted electronically must be received by Sponsor no later than 11:59 p.m. EST on February 28, 2014 (the "Entry Deadline").
- To electronically enter this Contest, Nominators must go to Landing Page at www.JobsInVT.com/misc/page.aspx?pagenum=live-work-give and complete and submit an Entry Form.
- Sponsor will not accept Entry Forms which are received after the Entry Deadline.
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, misdirected, or stolen Entry Forms.
All employer Entry Forms must include the following information:
- Nominator's name
- Company name
- Valid email address
- Zip code
All job seeker Entry Forms must include the following information:
- Nominator's name
- Valid email address
- Zip code
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry Form at any time for which, in Sponsor's sole opinion, it is determined that Nominator and/or Nominee is in violation of these Official Rules.
Organizations that qualify for the Live Work Give ballot must meet the following criteria:
- Registered as a 501(c)(3) with the state of Vermont
- Organization's program(s) is open to all (secular)
- Vermont-based or with operating offices in Vermont
- JobsInVT.com reserves the right to verify and/or reject ballots and nonprofit eligibility
- Public and/or private schools are not eligible
Selection and Announcement of Winners
- Quarterly Winners: Sponsor will declare the quarterly Winners from each quarterly drawing on the Contest's Landing Page. The odds of being declared a Live Work Give Winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Entry Forms Sponsor receives.
- Year-end Winners: Sponsor will declare the year-end Winners from the year-end drawing on the Contest's Landing Page. The odds of being declared a Live Work Give year-end Winner are dependent upon the number of eligible Entry Forms Sponsor receives.
Awards and Donations
- Sponsor will donate $500 to a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity that is selected by each quarterly Winner and is mutually agreeable to Sponsor, and feature the Live Work Give Winners on Sponsor's website.
- Sponsor will also donate $1,000 to a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity that is selected by each year-end Live Work Give Winner and is mutually agreeable to Sponsor, and feature the Live Work Give Winners on Sponsor's website.
Rights and Publicity
By submitting an Entry Form and/or agreeing to a nomination, each Nominator and Nominee:
- Grant to Sponsor the right to use their name(s), mailing address(es), telephone number(s), and email address(es) ("Personal Information") for the purpose of administering the Contest
- Grant to Sponsor the right to use their name(s), likeness(es), and any photograph or video for publicity and promotional purposes relating to this Contest or similar promotions, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised without further compensation unless prohibited by law
By entering the Contest, each Nominator and Nominee accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the final selection by the public, Sponsor and/or judging panel of the Winners as outlined in the terms above. By entering this Contest, each Nominator and Nominee agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, assigns, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies harmless for any injuries, losses or damage of any kind, including death or property, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any award or donation or participating in this Contest or any Contest-related activity. Sponsor has not made and/or is not responsible for any misrepresentation or guaranty, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any award or donation. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions or other errors or failures of any kind, or delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Contest, in its entirety or in part, should virus, bug, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or other causes beyond Sponsor's control corrupt the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate Entry Form information, whether caused by Nominator or Nominee, administrator, any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest, or by technical or human errors, which may occur in the processing of the Entry Forms in the Contest. Proof of mailing is not proof of delivery. Neither Sponsor nor its agents are responsible for injury or damage to Nominator's or to another person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry Form submission process or the operation of the Contest or any Contest-related website or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate this Contest, or change the rules of this Contest, if the Contest is unable to be run as planned, in Sponsor's sole discretion. By entering this Contest, Nominators and Nominees agree that any and all disputes and claims arising out of or in connection with this Contest or any award or donation shall be resolved individually without resort to any form of class action, and that any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred (and in no event attorneys' fees), and under no circumstances will any Nominator or Nominee be permitted to obtain any award for punitive, incidental or consequential damages. In the event that any Nominee chooses not to accept his or her nomination or award, is not in compliance with the Official Rules, and/or is unable to be notified, the award and the donation will be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be randomly selected from all of the remaining qualified Entry Forms. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest Entry Form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
To view Winners, visit the Contest's Landing Page.
JobsInVT.com, located at 90 Bridge Street, Westbrook ME 04092 is Sponsor of, and is responsible for, this Contest. All participants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be solely responsible for all awards and donations and shall not be liable for any act of omission arising out of, or related to, this Contest.